16 October 2006

Jesus Christ Almighty

A full rush hour train. Again.

Me: "Is anyone sitting in this seat?"
Her: "No."
Me: "Great. I'd like to sit there, please."
Her: "But I don't know what else to do with my case."
Me: "It's the only free seat on the train."
Her: "Yeah, but if I take it off the seat it'll block the aisle."
Me: "If I stand here, I'll block the aisle."

Etc.

And that's after I'd walked past three sets of priority seats and no one had even thought about offering.

Seriously, people of Brighton. Seriously. Sort it out.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lady Bracknell said...

Are Brighton trains unique in not having overhead luggage racks, then?

2:20 pm  
Blogger Katie said...

Yeh they do, but not for elephantine cases. It did, however find somewhere to live between the seats.

What Brighton trains really are lacking is commuters with brains.

9:17 pm  
Blogger The Londoner said...

I think being a commuter automatically removes some braincells. I think it's something in all of us that just snaps when we have to sit on a bus/train/whatever and have no real control over the outcome. We become selfish. That said, I always offer my seat to anyone who looks like they need it more than me. I sit down all day so I'm happy to stand if someone obviously needs it. In my opinion, we can't blame people for a lack of brains, but we most definitely CAN blame them for a lack of sensitivity and common decency.

8:03 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home