23 February 2006

Harlseden

So I got called a 'fucking cripple' today, at a tube station, for no apparent reason beyond the guy being off his head on glue. At 8:25 in the morning.

It occurred to me that I could shout back 'fucking black man', though - thankfully - I realised that would not have been a sensible thing to shout in the middle of Harlseden rush hour.

I dunno, though. What am I to do with that? It was a statement of fact, as would 'fucking black man' have been. Yet I was hugely offended. Momentarily. It was a fucking crowded station, too, and no one reacted in my defense.

Actually, I'm more annoyed with the people who didn't react that the fucking glue-head wanker.

(And I need to say that this is the first time I can remember a black person being directly abusive towards me... so anything about his race I would've shouted back at him was coincidental, and just to illustrate some point or other about the absurdity of the situation... Can I dig myself any deeper? No. His race actually makes no difference to this anecdote.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaitlyn S. C Hatch said...

Yes, the glue head thing. That works too.

and yes, the apathy would bug me more than the insult itself.

2:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home